Located a few kilometres along the Kennedy Highway north of Tolga, the Rocky Creek Memorial Park is situated on the 2/2 Australian General Hospital laundry and medical stores site.
During World War II, the Tablelands area became the largest military base in Australia with camps at Tinaroo, Kairi, Atherton, Wongabel, Herberton, Wondecla, Ravenshoe and Mt.Garnet. Rocky Creek was the site of the largest military hospital in the Southern Hemisphere — a 3000 bed hospital which treated over 60,000 patients from 1943 to 1945.
The first plaques dedicated in the park occurred on Victory in the Pacific (VP) Day in 1995. A special wall of remembrance was erected in 2009.
Photos of Rocky Creek Victory in the Pacific 2017 Memorial Service, 13 August 2017